|Materials Studio version 6.0 is the latest version of the software and is available on the Gateway server installed on sunlx1_10 (sunlx1_10.serc.iisc.ernet.in) at SERC. The details of the license and gateway server are as follows:
License Server : sunlx1_10 or sunlx1_10.serc.iisc.ernet.in
Port for license : 1715
Gateway : msgateway.serc.iisc.ac.in
Port for gateway : 18888
Materials Studio Client can be installed on the local departmental windows PCs and connected to the SERC license and Gateway servers.
Procedure to use Materials Studio 6.0 from the departments:
- Get the software CD from Mrs. Nalini @ SERC Room No.114 . Make sure that same version of Materials Studio is installed on your Windows machine as that on the server you will be connecting to at SERC.
- Uninstall old version of Materials Studio if any. After un-installing the old version of the software, reboot the windows machines. [Please go through installation_info_remove procedure available under Info folder of Materials Studio CD for removal of the software.]
- After successful uninstall of previous version, load the software CD and follow the automated installation procedure. Once the installation is complete configure to connect to the appropriate license and gateway servers.
2.Procedure to connect your Materials Studio windows Client machine to license server (sunlx1_10):
Before one can use MS 6.0 installed on the PC, one has to setup the license server details. Please follow the steps below to configure your machine to access these servers at SERC.
- Add the following entry in your System’s hosts file located at
|10.16.4.44 sunlx1_10 sunlx1_10.serc.iisc.ernet.in
10.16.4.46 msgateway msgateway.serc.iisc.ac.in
2. Make sure you are able to ping to the license server machine sunlx1_10.serc.iisc.ernet.in. If you are unable to ping, check your DNS configuration.
3. Stop Windows Firewall or any other Firewall which would have came with your Antivirus Software
4. Start–>Programs–>Accelrys Materials
Studio 6.0–>Configure Licensing
5. Click the radio button: For more options, start the License Administrator and click on Next
6. Select Connections -> existing connection and click on Remove
7. Click Set -> type Host Name of server machine: sunlx1_10.serc.iisc.ernet.in
8. Leave the port as it is and click on OK.
9. The server will be checked and it will display port@server name and say connected
3. Procedure to connect your Materials Studio windows Client machine to the Materials Studio Gateway Server hosted at SERC (msgateway):
- Open Materials Studio.
- Go to Tools –> Server Console –> Server Gateways
- In the left panel of the new window, expand Server Management.
- Right click on Server Gateways, select New -> Server Gateway.
- In the popup “New Server Gateway” window, add msgateway.serc.iisc.ac.in in the URL box and set 18888 as the default port.
- Click on Run Diagnostics. This should say the test was successful only then the New Server Gateway will get added.
- Click OK button to add new server gateway.
- Open the server gateway tree and right click on msgateway.serc.iisc.ac.in_18888, select “Test Gateway”.
- In the popup “Test Server Gateway” window, click
- After the test is successfully executed.
- Go to programs, Invoke the Materials Studio software.
- Invoke any one of the modules and click the calculation.
- There is job control tab in Materials Studio client to submit the PBS job.
- There are different gateway locations i.e., One is My location and other is msgateway.serc.iisc.ac.in
- The default queue is routeq and click the run to choose the number of parallel processors are four, eight and sixteen values. These three values are default processor and high priority.
- Click the run.
- For job information,go to http://msgateway.serc.iisc.ac.in:18888/
- To stop the job, Go to programs, then Accelrys Materials Studio 6.0 and click server console.
- Click the job and filename to stop the job.
For any queries, raise a ticket in the helpdesk
or please contact System Administrator, #103,SERC.