Essential Qualification: A doctoral degree in CS/ECE/EE/IT or equivalent OR Masters (ME, MTech) in CS/ECE/EE/IT or equivalent with at least 6 years experience, hands-on familiarity with routine as well as sophisticated techniques at an advanced level in system administration tasks. The candidate should have strong background in operating systems and programming and should be a Linux-certified engineer.
The candidate should have secured at least a first class in all the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Desirable Qualifications: Experience in system administration in a HPC Centre with at least 100TFlopsHPC System and supporting 50+ users.
Age Limit : Should not have completed 42 years as on the last date for receipt of application (relaxable under exceptional conditions).
Emoluments : Rs. 78000 + HRA per month
Job Description : The primary task is system administration of HPC (High Performance Computing) systems including the following.
- Overall system administration duties
- HPC queue management and policies
- Helping users in fundamental programming, porting, compiling and executions, debugging and profiling.
- Managing HPC software licenses and user accounts management.
- Managing HPC storage and networking.
- Supervision, including training of System Engineers in SERC.
- Conducting periodic HPC training lectures including parallel programming aspects to attendees from our Institute and outside.
- Managing video conferencing and our specialized auditorium facilities with remote audio and video connectivity.