Use of SERC Computational Facilities by non-IISc academic and Government R&D Institutes
SERC allows use of its Cray XC 40 supercomputer (http://www.serc.iisc.ac.in/supercomputer/for-traditional-hpc-simulations-sahasrat/) and NVIDIA DGX-1 cluster. (http://www.serc.iisc.ac.in/supercomputer/nvidia-dgx-1-cluster/).
|SERC Facility||Maximum Usage||Other Academic Organizations||Government R&D Labs|
|SahasraT Cray XC40 system. CPU.||Up to (6000x24x30) core hours usage per month||Rs. 1 per core hour||Rs. 2 per core hour|
|SahasraT Cray XC40 system. GPU.||Up to (4x24x30) GPU hours usage per month||Rs. 6 per GPU hour||Rs 12 per GPU hour|
|SahasraT Cray XC40 system. Intel KNL.||Up to (4x24x30) KNL hours usage per month||Rs. 6 per KNL hour||Rs 12 per KNL hour|
|NVIDIA DGX – 1 system||Up to (1x6x30) GPU hours usage per month||Rs. 35 per GPU hour||Rs. 85 per GPU hour|
Terms & Conditions:
- The proposal and the payment is for usage for a month. Only one proposal per user will be enabled at a time.
- The maximum computational limit per user per month is 865000 CPU core hours on the Cray XC 40 system and 36 GPU hours on the NVIDIA DGX-1 cluster.
- The computations for the amount paid will have to be carried within three months of payment. Under no circumstances, any part of the amount will be refunded.
- All executions, including testing, debug and failed executions will be debited from the amount.
- The computations cannot be used for space and defense research.
- The computations cannot be for commercial purposes including development of commercial products.
- The account will be disabled either at the end of three months (if computations not performed) or at the end of the computations exhausted against the amount paid.
- It is the user’s responsibility to remove the data within five days of the disabling of the account.
- The user will duly acknowledge the use of the HPC facility in any publications that have used SERC, IISc HPC resources.
- The user also agrees to submit a 3-page half-yearly report on the project which uses the HPC facility at SERC.
- Send a proposal containing
- title para containing name, affiliation, contact and title of the proposal
- science objectives
- resource requirements including
- type of the system needed
- number of core hours or the GPU hours subject to the limits mentioned in the T&C
- size of the input and output data
- software environment needed including the compilers (C or Fortran), libraries needed for linking etc.
- number of parallel runs of different number of cores to be made
- A committee will evaluate your proposal and respond in a week
- If approved, fill the usage agreement form and send along with a DD in favour of “The Registrar, Indian Institute of Science” to the Chair, Supercomputer Education and Research Centre, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560012. Please mark your envelope with “Request for Computational Usage”
- Once this is received, SERC will enable the environment and let know the starting period of the usage. Please note that the starting period is based on the current usage of the system, similar such pending requests and the limits mentioned in the T&C.