|To install Maple 10 on your UNIX operating systems, read and complete the following tasks.
- Pre-installation Instructions
- Install the UNIX Multi-user Version(s)
- Check the UNIX System Requirements.
- Ensure you have appropriate read and write privileges.
- Ensure that your system recognizes Rock Ridge extensions.
Install the UNIX Multi-user Version(s)
- Ensure that you have reviewed the Pre-installation Instructions.
- Log on to the account that will own the Maple files. This is usually the root account.
- Mount the Maple 10 Network – Sun Solaris | HP-UX | IBM AIX | 32-bit Linux or Network – HP Tru64 | SGI IRIX CD-ROM.
- Run installMaple from the root directory of the CD. To run the installer in console mode, use the -i console option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
Fill Where Would You Like to Install
Select your platform.
* Make sure that you are able to reach 10.16.4.40 port 27000
telnet 10.16.4.40 27000Response you must get is
Trying 10.16.4.40… Connected to sunlx2_17.
Escape character is ‘^]’.If you are not getting this response please contact your department network administrator.
Fill Server Name with 10.16.4.40 in the next screen and click next.
Pre installation summary is as shown below.
Maple 10 is now installed.
UNIX Network System Requirements
||Intel-based Pentium III 650 MHz or better
||RedHat, SuSE, and Mandrake Distributions
||5.1 or later
- CD-ROM drive (for CD installation).
- 16-bit color at 800 by 600 (or greater) resolution recommended.
- X11 R6.
- Internal TCP/IP connections enabled.