The Supercomputer Education and Research Centre (SERC) (http://www.serc.iisc.ac.in) is the country’s leading computing centre having the state-of-the art computing facilities, catering to the ever-increasing demands of high performance computing for scientific and engineering research. The Centre housing state-of-the-art computing systems, with sophisticated software packages, is conceived of as a functionally distributed supercomputing environment, and connected by a powerful high- speed network.
SERC now seeks to recruit a Facility Manager who will have overall responsibility for the operation of the centre and whose duties will include:
- Ensuring that items of equipment and support infrastructure are maintained in good operating condition with high up-time through routine maintenance and liaison with suppliers and service providers
- Participating in collaborative research activities with faculty members and students
- Managing support staff involved in running facilities at the centre
- Assisting faculty of the institute in generating resources through extra-mural projects to keep the centre financially viable
- Providing technical support for periodic training programmes
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time
Specific Roles & Responsibilities: The primary task is management of specialized HPC (high performance computing) services which include at least one of the following.
- HPC application/storage optimization including performance analysis, identifying performance bottlenecks and improving application code for efficiency (or)
- Data analysis and statistics including analysis of HPC workloads submitted to our supercomputers (or)
- HPC visualization including helping HPC application developers visualize their data (or)
- Development of HPC system software products, e.g., communication libraries, parallel numerical libraries etc. (or)
- Development of HPC benchmark suite in collaboration with our supercomputer users (or)
- Provide HPC service to Govt. and other agencies via actively seeking projects and active engagement (or)
- Developing automation for our various tasks including monitoring various readings using sensors and actions based on those readings, automatic energy management etc.
In all cases, the candidate is expected to involve in conducting periodic HPC training lectures including parallel programming aspects to attendees from our Institute and outside.
A doctoral degree in science or engineering OR Masters degree in science or engineering with at least 4 years experience, hands-on familiarity with routine as well as sophisticated techniques at an advanced level in parallel programming or data analysis of computational workloads.
A doctoral degree in science or engineering OR Masters (ME/MTech) in science or engineering with at least 4 years experience, hands-on familiarity with routine as well as sophisticated techniques at an advanced level in graphics and visualization. Strong academic training in computer graphics and algorithms. Experience with programming in C/C++, OpenGL, and software design. Experience with GPU programming (CUDA) is preferred but not required.
A doctoral degree in science or engineering OR Masters (ME/MTech) in science or engineering with at least 4 years experience, hands-on familiarity with routine as well as sophisticated techniques at an advanced level in wireless sensors management, automation and energy management.
In all cases, strong background in Linux, operating system concepts and programming are required. In all cases, the candidate is expected to have good communication skills and should be willing to work in a team environment.
The candidate should have secured at least a first class in all the undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Desirable Qualifications: Experience working in HPC System Software or Application Development in at least a 100 TFlop HPC System.
Age limit: 40 years (relaxable under exceptional conditions) at the time of application.
Remuneration and Benefits: A consolidated salary of Rs. 1,00,000/- month with additional increments based on qualifications and experience.
Terms of Appointment: This is a contract appointment, initially for one year and renewable thereafter based on an annual evaluation of performance.
Interested candidates may apply by email to Chairperson, Supercomputer Education and Research Centre , Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012 (email: email@example.com), with a copy of their CV and the contact details of at least 3 referees before November 30, 2019.