|Advertisement No. R(HR)008-1(2020)/2021
The Supercomputer Education and Research Centre (SERC) is the country’s leading computing centre having the state of the art computing facilities, catering to the ever increasing demands of high performance computing for scientific and engineering research. The centre housing state of the art computing systems, with sophisticated software packages, is conceived of as a functionally distributed supercomputing environment and connected by a powerful high-speed network. For further details please see the web site http://www.serc.iisc.ac.in
SERC now seeks to recruit Facility Managers and Consultant Technologists who will have overall responsibility for the operation of the centre and whose duties will include:
- Ensuring that items of equipment and support infrastructure are maintained in good operating condition with high up-time through routine maintenance and liaison with suppliers and service providers.
- Participating in collaborative research activities with faculty members and students
- Managing support staff involved in running facilities at the centre
- Assisting faculty of the institute in generating resources through extra-mural projects to keep the centre financially viable
- Providing technical support for periodic training programmes
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Duration : The positions are on contract and will be temporary for a period of ONE year and renewable annually for a maximum period of 5 years, based on satisfactory performance and at the discretion of the authorities of the Institute.
- Selection Method : Interviews for short listed candidates will be held online via Microsoft Teams.
- Applicants, who possess the minimum educational qualification as on the date of advertisement only need to apply.
- Admissible age relaxation for SC, ST, OBC and PH will be extended as per norms of Government of India.
- Applicants who are desirous to be considered strictly on the aforesaid conditions may submit their Bio-data by email to email@example.com with subject “Application for the post of ______________”. The post in the subject line of the email should be one of “Project Scientist III a / Project Scientist III b / Project Scientist III c / Project Scientist-I”. The application should reach on or before March 31, 2021.
- The photocopies of Marks cards/Certificates, Caste Certificate in case of SC,ST,OBC (OBC certificate should be in the format prescribed for jobs under Govt. of India), Medical certificate in the prescribed format in case of Physically Handicapped issued by the Competent Medical Authority for the purpose of employment to be submitted at the time of interview of the short-listed candidates.