Submissions Closed on November 18, 2020 at 24:00 hours IST.
The Department of Science and Technology (DST) in collaboration with the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeITy) has been implementing the National Supercomputing Mission project with the aim of ensuring country’s leadership in supercomputing. In order to harness the vast supercomputing computing resources provided under NSM, to develop applications to tackle a broad spectrum nationally relevant and internationally competitive problems of unprecedented complexity working at peta and exascale and also to take the nation to the exascale era, it has been decided to initiate R &D projects across the country.This is the call for proposal on “HPC Applications Development” and “R&D leading to Exascale computing”.
The focus would be on but not limited:
- to build capabilities to tackle problems that are currently out of reach either for want of newer physics or newer algorithms
- to focus on the use of machine learning and large scale data analytics at exascale level
- to develop new programming models that scale well at exascale architectures
- to develop popular application packages at peta and exscale level
- to build newer class of processor architecture and interconnects.
The R&D activities/project proposals that are sought through this call would be broadly in the areas of
- HPC Applications
- Scalable Algorithms and Libraries
- HPC System Software and Data Management
- Hardware System Architecture
- Enabling Technologies
- Data Centre Infrastructure
- Cross-cutting issues spanning across the above.
The detailed description and the proposal format are given at the end of this advertisement
|Nature and Duration of Support
|Mode of Application and Selection:
|Last date of Submission